The 2nd edition of the Grand Nigeria Business Awards Ceremony took center stage on Sunday, 13 November 2022, at the prestigious Oriental Hotels and Towers, Victoria Island, Lagos. The ceremony which was aimed at celebrating the achievements of corporate bodies, businesses, and individuals, who are making impactful contributions to the growth and economic development of Nigeria, saw a plethora of companies, organizations, and individuals physically cart varying degrees of awards on the night.
Giving his opening remarks, the Chairman of the Grand Nigeria Business Group, organizers of the award, Dr. Chuks Okosi, reiterated his organization’s commitment to the repositioning of the Nigerian economy and the society at large, by consistently providing the platform where personal successes in own business, positive contributions by large companies and corporations and those of young Nigerians, who are channeling their talents to lead the Nigerian society in the right direction.
Describing Nigerian’s minds as a repository of valuable assets, Dr. Chuks Okosi assured that their contributions to national development have not gone unnoticed, adding that the GNBG is poised more than ever before to show their creativities to the rest of the world
According to him, the ceremony provides an opportunity to not only showcase the resourcefulness of Nigerians but to also honour the inherent capacities of Nigerians to succeed in whatever they lay their hands on, but to also defy torrid situations and adversity while achieving them.
High-flying Nigerians from all spheres of life, ratified by the GNB Awards committee, having been selected through voting (via the award’s website) carted home the following categories of awards
- Personality of the year: Mr. Paul Onwuanibe, CEO Landmark Group
- Cross-Generational Champion in Leadership & Civil Liberty: Prof. Patrick Utomi
- Media Personality of the year: Mr. Rufai Oseni of Arise News T.V.
- Most Promising Entrepreneur of the year: IFU Ennada of Beautifu Ennada
- CEO of the year Dr. Frederick Okpaje
- Coach of the year: Mrs. Mercy Bello Abu
- Actor of the year: Frederick Leonard
- Online Content Creator of the year: Apaokagi Adedoyin Maryam( Taaooma)
- Real Estate Business Excellence Award: Bluemool Limited
- Internet Service Provider Business Excellence Award: Dotmac
- Microfinance Bank Business Excellence Award: Bainescredit
- Travel Agency Business Excellence Award: Aspom Travels Ltd.
- Beauty & Cosmetics Business Excellence Award: Darmagrow
- Agriculture Business Excellence Award: Doyen Farms Limited.
- Advertising/Media Agency Business Excellence Award: Teeth4tat Consulting
- Transportation Business Excellence Award: Logitrak
- Fashion (Male) Business Excellence Award: Mr. Omoniyi Mkaun (Yomi Casuals)
- Fashion (Female) Business Excellence Award: Prudential Styling
- Most Outstanding Property Developer Company of the year: Facibus Housing
- Human Capital & Community Development Leadership Award: Chief Brown Edoghotu
- Humanitarian Impact and Service Award: Claudius Dite Onu Wilcox
- Influencer of the Year: Amarachi Amusi (Ashmusy)