1. The military has again warned against plans to sabotage the handover of power to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu on May 29. The Director of Defence Media Operations, Major General Musa Danmadami handed down the warning on Thursday in Abuja.
2. Archbishop of the Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, John Onaiyekan, yesterday said that it “makes no sense”, to swear in President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu before the hearing of the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal is concluded. His assertion generated reactions on social media on Thursday.
3. Millions of electricity consumers may be plunged into darkness in the coming weeks as the Federal Government via the Transmission Company of Nigeria and the Market Operator have begun a massive disconnection of debtor electricity distribution companies from the national grid.
4. Some yet-to-be-identified assailants have attacked a police checkpoint along the Umunze-Ihite Road, in the Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State, killing three policemen on the spot. It was gathered that the gunmen invaded the location in large numbers on Thursday and immediately opened fire on the security officers manning the checkpoint, while three officers died, others escaped after a gun duel.
5. The Abia State House of Assembly, under its factional Speaker, Chukwudi Apugo, says it will soon begin a probe of public office holders in the state. The House Committee on Anti-Corruption and Public Accounts, in a statement on Thursday, said it had received a plethora of petitions alleging various offences by different elected and appointed functionaries of the state.