Here is Today’s Summary from Nigerian newspapers;
1. Armed men in the early hours of Sunday killed one worshipper during an attack on the Christian Pentecostal Church in Akenawe -Tswarev community in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. Three persons, including a resident pastor, were abducted during the incident.
2. Valentine Obienyem, media aide to Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), has identified the person who leaked his principal’s conversation with David Oyedepo, founder of Winners Chapel. He accused their “Nnewi prodigal brother”, saying the audio was edited out of context.
3. Bandits invaded a female hostel of the Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State, on Sunday. The criminals stormed Sabon Gida village in Bungudu and broke into the rented female hostel of the university where they locked up the two civilian guards and dispossessed them of their handsets before abducting two female students of Microbiology Department of the university.
4. The Oodua Progressives Care Initiate (OPCI) yesterday, vowed to resist any attempt to disrupt the inauguration of the president-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on May 29, 2023. The group warned those it described as elements of destruction parading themselves as Yoruba leaders, either individuals or associations, calling for the cancellation of the election to cease or be dealt with.
5. Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has warned that the Governor-elect, Abba Yusuf, is starting on a wrong note. War of words started between the duo after the governor-elect issued an advisory on the government’s lands and buildings. Ganduje, who found it strange, warned Abba Gida-Gida that he was still in charge of the state.
6. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has declared a Port Harcourt-based prophetess and founder of Christ Power Adoration Ministries, Faith Ugochi, as well as a celebrity couple, Igho Ubiribo and Danielle Allen, wanted for alleged drug trafficking and recruiting teenage girls into the illicit business. The agency’s spokesperson, Femi Babafemi, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.
7. The Social Democratic Party in Oyo State has suspended its governorship candidate in the March 18 election, Michael Lana and the party’s secretary, Idowu Owokoya, for anti-party activities. The letter for the suspension was addressed to the party’s National headquarters in Abuja, on Friday, and was signed by the state chairman, Michael Okunlade.
8. The National Chairman of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Prof. Rufai Alkali, has resigned from the position. Alkali confirmed this in a letter addressed to the National Secretary of the party. According to him, his decision to step down was to give room for a fresh hand to take over.
9. A housemate, Khosi was yesterday declared winner of the Big Brother Titans Season 1 reality show. The South African was announced as the winner during the show finale on Sunday.
10. Chelsea yesterday sacked Graham Potter as their manager. The Premier League side confirmed this in a statement on Sunday. Potter was appointed by Blues co-owner in September to replace Thomas Tuchel.